The ASFS Book Award recognizes an outstanding book about food published within the last two years. This book should employ exemplary research methods, offer novel theoretical insights and constitute a significant contribution to the study of food from a scholarly perspective. Books which suggest new questions and new avenues of food research for future scholars are encouraged to apply. Writing style, organizational rigor and a strong thesis will also be criteria for this award. $500 cash stipend.
Beginning in 2018, we will have three book awards: books authored by single author/s; edited volumes with chapters/essays written by different authors; first monograph by a single author [e.g. if author has served previously as editor of a published edited volume, he/she/they are still eligible for the first book category].
- Send 3 copies of book to the appropriate award administrator
- Deadline for submission: February 1
- Applicants may self-nominate
- Membership in ASFS is not necessary and there is no fee for submission
- 3 anonymous judges, representing 3 disciplines will assess the submissions
- The awards administrator has no input on the final decision
Send submissions to:
808 Commonwealth Ave, Room 110
Boston, MA 02215
Questions? Contact Megan Elias: email@example.com