The ASFS Award for Food Studies Pedagogy
The ASFS Award for Food Studies Pedagogy is given to the teacher of food studies in any discipline who presents a course that uses innovative and successful pedagogical techniques to reach students. These may include classroom exercises and assignments as well as outside projects, trips, and service activities. The course may be taught at the graduate or undergraduate level, for degree credit. Any ancillary evidence of exemplary teaching methods will also be accepted. A cash stipend of $200 accompanies this award.
NB: This is for an individual course, not a program.
- Email the packet to awards administrator, which must include:
- Course description
- Peer assessment
- May include ancillary evidence of exemplary teaching methods
- Deadline for annual submission: February 15
- Applicants may self-nominate
- Membership in ASFS is not necessary and there is no fee for submission
- 3 anonymous judges, representing 3 disciplines, will assess the submissions
Send submissions to:
Deanna Pucciarelli: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Deanna Pucciarelli: email@example.com